Google place pages have been a leading provider of website traffic for local companies across the United States. People searching for “Product City State” are shown a list of local companies that provide the product or service searched for, close to their location which drives targeted and quality traffic to these local companies.
Originally, clicking on one of these local companies, a visitor would be taken to a Google Place Page with some basic company information along with contact procedures. With the latest update by Google, these place pages are now being integrated into a Google + page. The result has created a page with many more socially oriented options giving the page a Facebook feel.
Local stores, service providers, and businesses are now able to create a locally optimized Google + (plus) page which can now be virally shared throughout the Google Plus network, enabling store owners to gain more visibility, branding, and traction.
Along with the new change, brings a whole new meaning to the term, “marketing your local place page.” These new “Local Plus Pages” can now be fully indexed and optimized for the search engines. “For those of you who have not yet utilized the power of social media to improve your foot traffic and local online visibility, now is the time to take control of your local presence through the power of social media, or get left behind,” says Brandon Swenson, Owner and Founder of UtahSEOpros.com
For local stores that already have a place page, owners are still able to manage their place pages by going to http://www.google.com/places. Another option is by logging into the plus.google.com profile and select “pages” on the left hand side. If the place page for the store your looking for is not yet listed, the owner will need to claim it by locating it using the new “Local” option in Google Plus which is also found on the left side menu after logging in.
Local companies can create a new page for their store by clicking here. When creating or editing a page, owners can use these quick optimization tips to enhance their plus page, resulting in higher visibility throughout the Google search engine.
Select an Optimized Title.
- The title should be the complete name of the local store being targeted. This should also be the name used across the web on any site for the store the page is being created for.
Completely fill out the “About” tab.
- Select an optimized tag line with relative keywords. The tagline will be used as the pages Meta Description. Fill out the introduction, contact info, and add a few links to related pages affiliated with the local store this plus page would target. (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.)
Upload Photos and Videos
- Further complete the local plus page by adding photos of the office, shop, location, and videos of your employees or services in action. Be sure to use keywords associated with uploaded media for best performance.
Stay Active and Show Quality
- Post frequently, interact with the community, and gain favor by getting +1’s on shares, posts, and pages. Show Google that the page is an active, valuable and trustworthy piece of content that deserves to show at the top of their search engine when potential visitors search for relative terms.
Google is continually making changes to their search engine and new social network. By staying on top of these changes and building up a social presence, any local store can see more services and products sold, qualified appointments, and positivity from the local community around them.
By implementing these Local Plus Page optimizations tips, local companies can begin to thrive online and in their local areas. For even further search engine optimization services that can help boost your company websites and their local plus pages, contact Utah SEO Pros for more information.
Latest posts by Brandon Swenson (see all)
- Gift Ideas for Your Techie Valentine! - February 12, 2014
- A Decade of Facebook and the Benefits of Social Media - February 5, 2014
- Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 - January 31, 2014