Click to jump to section:
- What Is Traditional Marketing and How Does It Work?
- What Is Digital Marketing and How Does It Work?
- Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing: What Do the Stats Say?
- Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing
- Call the Experts to Handle Your Digital Marketing Needs
"Digital marketing or traditional marketing?" This is the ultimate question that every business owner asks when determining how to market their products or services. In this blog post, we will compare digital marketing and traditional marketing in order to determine which produces a higher ROI for your business. What's the verdict? Continue reading, and you may be surprised!
What Is Traditional Marketing and How Does It Work?
Traditional marketing or direct marketing has been a part of our lives at one time or another. It's a typical form of marketing that uses traditional offline advertising and promotional techniques to reach out to a somewhat targeted group. Following are the main five categories in which many of the most popular and tried offline marketing techniques may be found:
- Print (magazines, newspapers, etc.)
- Broadcast (TV, radio, etc.)
- Direct Mail (catalogs, postcards, etc.)
- Telephone (telemarketing)
- Outdoor (billboards, flyers, etc.)
The foundations of traditional marketing have not substantially changed in recent decades, although the methods used to achieve success may have.
The four P's of marketing are well-known today: product, price, placement, and promotion.
- Product: The first step in effective marketing is an accurate knowledge of your products or services.
- Price: The overall price of the product is determined by how well you know it. Price is always the key consideration when it comes to supply, demand, profit margin, and other elements like this.
- Place: Traditional marketing is mostly about getting your product in front of your target audience at the right time and place.
- Promotion: It is the process of getting the word out about your product and marketing it to your target demographic. It might be as simple as advertising on a billboard or creating an ad campaign on Facebook.
Digital marketing may appear to be quite distinct from traditional marketing in many ways since it focuses on the third P: Promotion. On the other hand, it is incredibly effective since it uses all four Ps of marketing uniquely. Instead of ignoring any of them, it utilizes each one to its full potential.
Traditional Marketing Has Its Drawbacks
Traditional marketing, while still effective, isn't the only approach to make your product well-known among your target demographic. Now that technology has evolved, it enables businesses to interact with their customers in ways never before possible. As a result, it's critical to consider the disadvantages of traditional marketing before investing in it.
- No Control Over Timing
- Higher Costs
- Limited Customization Options
- Cannot Be Easily Updated
- Inability to Disclose Full Pricing Details
- Poor Campaign Measurement
What Is Digital Marketing and How Does It Work?
Marketing has always revolved around connecting with your audience in the proper place and at the appropriate time. Today, that implies you need to engage them where they are already spending their time: on the internet.
All forms of marketing that employ the internet or a computer are referred to as digital marketing. Businesses use digital channels such as search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect with existing and potential consumers.
Why Has Digital Marketing Gained Importance?
With the help of Digital marketing, you will be able to reach a broader audience than you could through traditional advertising & target the people most likely to buy your service or product. It's also frequently more cost-effective than conventional advertising, and it allows you to track daily progress and adjust as needed.
Benefits of Digital Marketing
- Selectively target prospects who are most likely to buy your product or service.
- In comparison to traditional marketing methods, it is more cost-effective.
- Outranking bigger rivals in your sector is possible through digital marketing.
- Digital marketing is measurable.
Types of Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Native Advertising
- Marketing Automation
- Email Marketing
- Online PR
- Inbound Marketing
- Sponsored Content
Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing: What Do the Stats Say?
Keeping the current growth of digital marketing in mind. Digital ad spending will soon take over traditional advertising such as television commercials in the United States. Currently, 60% of marketers from a variety of sectors have switched their focus to digital marketing.
Here are a few more statistics to give you a better idea of how digital marketing is growing and gaining popularity...
- More than 80% of consumers/buyers do their homework online before purchasing anything.
- Facebook is used by more than 60% of all Americans on a regular basis.
- According to a recent study, 90% of B2B marketers are currently utilizing LinkedIn for marketing.
- By 2021, eMarketer Research predicts that Android will account for roughly 70% of digital ad spend.
- According to a recent survey, 90% of B2C businesses use social media as their most successful content marketing strategy.
Decision Time: Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing
The debate between digital marketing and traditional marketing is ancient, and it's far from settled.
Traditional marketing, especially for the well-established companies with a large offline following, maybe too expensive to ignore. However, for many small firms seeking to make a name for themselves on a tight budget, digital marketing may be a lifesaver. This is why many new and existing companies are taking advantage of digital marketing's potential and rethinking their marketing funnel.
Setting a marketing budget is one thing, but ensuring that you get a decent ROI on your investment is another. That's why it's more effective to focus only on the marketing channels and strategies that are most likely to provide you with a return on investment.
Ready to Try Digital Marketing? Call the Experts
If you've tried conventional marketing before but didn't achieve the results you were hoping for, our experts at SEO Pros can take off a little of the pressure. We'll handle all of your online advertising and digital marketing needs & keep you informed throughout the process.
At SEO Pros, We take the worry away so you can focus on other areas of your business that require your full attention. Simply fill out our online form or call us to get started with your digital marketing campaign. It's that easy!
Latest posts by Chevelle Garnett (see all)
- Page Experience – New Google Ranking Factor - October 31, 2021
- The Ultimate Question: Digital Marketing or Traditional Marketing? - October 27, 2021
- 3 Ways to Exponentially Increase Your Email Marketing List - August 7, 2017